N12-13, Second Spanish Church
by D. Pendergast identified an uncarved stone
monument (seen below also) that was erected around AD 1640 when the
Maya once again took over religious control of their area.
from the first Spanish Church at Lamanai, Belize
residing at Lamanai still carried out traditional caching practices
despite Spanish influence – these figurines were placed in
dedicatory construction offerings in the late 1500's